1. Do you use more than one gmail account for managing official, academic, friendly mails? You can read them all through just one account. Go to your secondary email accounts – > Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP and enable forwarding. You can also set filters to make things easier.
2. You can not only read different mail accounts at one place but also can send out mails using different IDs. Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Send mail as, add the secondary mail ID and then verify it.
3. You can modify your email id as you wish by just adding a + after your mail ID. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com are one the same. You can add different +labels and give it to different people. So when they send mails to those addresses you can use filters to sort them. You can use them just for fun too. Try sending a mail to your crush with +iluvu 🙂
4. Do you have a user name with a dot in between? Don’t worry where you place the dot. It will work wherever you place it. And even without the dot it will work. This means, people cannot create another user name by just varying the dot placement. This assures people can’t fake your user name that easily. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are one and the same.
5. Instead of having a @gmail.com address you can also replace it with @googlemail.com address and vice-versa. You can use this to create filters and manage your incoming mails.