Free software tools I use and found highly useful for Web Developers:
1. NotePad++ – An advanced yet simple editor for viewing and editing codes.
2. FileZilla – The best tool for doing FTP.
3. Firefox – It is a must have development tool. If your work appears correct in Firefox, then you can be sure your work is standards compliant. Firefox serves as a platform for numerous other web development tools available as Firefox extensions.
4. GIMP – Free software for image editing.
5. FireBug – A Firefox extension which helps you understand the code and fix the bug. Must have Firefox extension.
Do you feel any other software should be a must-have one? Please let me know in the comments.